2014 is a big year for the Hospitality Industry in both projected trends and professional demand! In fact, the year-over-year rate of job growth was up 40% when comparing November 2013 to November 2012. According to CNN, the demand for good general managers has gone up because there are not enough people being trained in positions that lead to the job. This is great news for those who are enrolled in the Five-Star Hotel and Restaurant Management course at Star Career Academy.
- Millennials, also known as Generation Y, are a part of a generation that will become a core customer of the hospitality industry over the next five to ten years. The Millennials will enter into their peak earing, spending and travel years. “Gen Y”, will be willing to pay more for a greater experience.
- Speed and Precision: The hospitality industry will be expected to keep up with: fast booking, fast check-in, fast Wi-Fi and response to customer needs within hotels.
- WOW Customer Service: People will expect more than basic service that can be found at the Post office. WOW service is the only way to ensure repeat business.
- Social Media and Mobile: Will play a key role in new strategies for hotel marketing.
- Content Marketing: Blogs, social media, newsletters, webinars, Ebooks, photos, or shared media will take place of traditional advertising.
- Review Site Tactics: Monitor websites like Trip Advisor and business other business listings that travelers will have access too.
It seems that the “Digital Age” has invaded the Hospitality Industry and Star Career Academy has the training to prepare you for a successful career in a wide variety of positions including: guest services agent, housekeeping coordinator, sales/marketing assistant, human resources assistant, accounting assistant, food and beverage assistant manager, event planner, assistant restaurant manager, kitchen manager and food pantry agent.